Seattle, Washington –  LifeSafer® ignition interlock has been the go-to provider for drivers looking to get back on the road safely and legally after a DWI/DUI/OWI. LifeSafer’s ignition interlock service centers help drivers recover their license after a DWI/DUI/OWI.

Under Washington’s current laws, a driver may be charged with DUI if:

  • The results of a breath or blood test show the amount of alcohol in the driver’s blood to be:
    • .08 or higher for adults (21 and over).
    • .04 or higher for commercial vehicle drivers (CDL disqualifications).
    • .02 or higher for minors (under 21).  


  • The driver is found to be driving a vehicle under the influence or affected by alcohol, any drug, or a combination of alcohol and drugs, regardless of the concentration of alcohol in their breath or blood.
    • As of August 1, 2012, the definition of a drug also includes any chemical inhaled or ingested for its intoxicating or hallucinatory effects.

What is an Ignition Interlock?

Interlocks can vary in a few ways and the ignition interlock you receive depends on the legal requirements set by the state you live in and the specifics of your DWI/DUI/OWI. In simplest terms, an interlock is a car breathalyzer that prevents a user from starting a vehicle until a breath alcohol test is taken.  An ignition interlock device (IID) is the most common term for devices sometimes referred to as “in-car breathalyzer” or “car interlock” or “blow and go.” Your interlock may come equipped with or without a camera, as well as real-time reporting or other additional features. If the IID registers the breath test results over the preset limit, the vehicle will not start.

How do I get an interlock license in Washington?

  • Call LifeSafer Ignition Interlock at 800-634-3077 to schedule your ignition interlock installation. Ask about discounts and special offers! You can install your interlock at any time after your arrest to keep driving.
  • LifeSafer will send the Washington Department of Licensing proof of installation.
  • Get proof of financial responsibility, such as a Certificate of Insurance (SR-22). A car insurance agent can help you with this.
  • Apply online through Washington’s License eXpress or submit a Restricted Driver License Application with the fee.
  • If you meet all the requirements, you’ll get a temporary paper copy of your restricted license. Your permanent license will arrive later in the mail.

Why LifeSafer is the Best Interlock Choice in Seattle, Washington

  • Low-cost high-quality ignition interlocks
  • Dedicated, localized customer support 24/7
  • Committed to your program success
  • 30 years of interlock expertise

Washington Ignition Interlock Resources

  1. Washington DOL License Express
  2. Washington DOL Interlock Information Page
  3. Washington DOL DUI Information

Washington Location



SEATTLE, WA, 98118

(206) 905-8674

Media Contact

Company Name
Contact Name
Marketing Department
215 Southport Dr Suite 400
North Carolina
United States

By Arlene Huff

Arlene Huff is the founding member of Golden State Online. Before that She was a general assignment reporter. A native Californian, she graduated from the University of California with a degree in medical anthropology and global health. She currently lives in Los Angeles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *